Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

June 04, 2005

Pre-course diversions

Spent most of today hiking. This morning I set out for Sulpher Mountain. They have a gondola that will take you to the top in less than 10 minutes. But that would be too easy. Right? I decided to hike it. The waitress at the restaurant said she climbed it in just over an hour yesterday. She is obviously in better shape than me because my time was more like 90 minutes. The altitude combined with my relative out-of-shape-ness had a lot to do with it, I think.

Once I got to the top the clouds really got thick. I could see pretty well during the hike, but pretty soon you couldn't see more than 100 yards. So much for the view. I took the gondola back down, undoing my 90 minute strenuous accomplishment in a matter of minutes.

After returning to the Banff Centre for a shower and lunch I set out on foot again heading into town. I was thinking about renting a scooter for a few hours to cover more ground. But the skies were turning dark and so I chose instead to walk along the Bow River to admire the falls. Along the way I was able to fully admire the hike I took this morning. I'll post a photo later showing my start and end points.

Sure enough it began to rain so I'm blogging at you from a coffee shop along Banff Street. Looks like the rain has let up so ilm outta here.

No comments: