Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

November 08, 2005

We are NOT a charity!

Someone who provides services that are complementary to CPA services keeps pestering me about having a meeting to explore VSCPA's "offerings." I can tell he's looking for a free marketing opportunity from us. How do you tactfully repel these moochers?

I almost replied to his email as follows, but a co-worker confirmed my suspicions that it was too harsh:

Dear so-and-so,

I think we have very different expectations for this transaction. It's obvious to me that we're both looking for the other to provide more than they're willing to give. I think we should cut our losses and move on. Sorry it didn't work out.

Best regards,

Ben

Got any overly-harsh emails you almost sent? Or maybe one that got away?

No comments: