Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

January 25, 2006

More on ASAE's defense of lobbying

Thanks again to Nick Senzee for sending me this article from The Hill: K St. counteroffensive.

There's a lengthy quote from Jim Clarke, ASAE's Sr. VP of Public Policy.

Oh, how I'm waiting to hear an explanation from ASAE on why they're doing this. Can we get a little communication on this issue, please? I'm an open minded person, and am willing to be educated on why this is so important, but without any information from ASAE to the contrary, I am of the opinion that this is a clear case of the tail wagging the dog.

ASAE represents 10,000 associations. How many of them pay for federal legislators' travel as part of their lobbying efforts? I would estimate less than 10%. So how is this an appropriate use of resources and political capital?

No comments: