Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

June 22, 2006

WOM marketing experiment

Here's an experiment. Our association has partnered with an accounting industry blogger to help promote an upcoming conference. There were just a few steps leading up to this. I reviewed several dozen accounting blogs, picked two that had the most relevant topics and engaged readerships, and inquired about partnering. Michelle Golden agreed, and here we are! I'll let you know how it goes.

From the Golden Marketing blog:

"Gale is giving this presentation again at the upcoming Virginia Society of CPAs 2006 National Practice Management Summit in beautiful Hot Springs, Virginia in August. Dates are Aug 23-25 at the Homestead Resort & Spa. Details at the VA Society site."

UPDATE: In response to the comment from Mickie, I acknowledge that this tactic isn't WOM in the strictest sense of the term, but it is a form of WOM known as "Amplified WOM." I'd prefer organic WOM, but I gotta tell ya, that's nearly impossible to come by in our space. I consider this a stepping stone to organic WOM.

Tagged:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think WOM has great potential, but this sounds almost like paid advertising. If I was a reader of her blog, I might be a little put off if I found out she is promoting the conference based on a "partnership" with the sponsoring organization...so I hope her readers aren't reading your blog!

On the other hand, I think it's a great strategy to target visible bloggers and show them the value of your programs, services, etc. so that they'll spread the word to their readers. I guess it's the partnership part that just seems too staged to me...and it's entirely possible that I'm reading too much into that word.