Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

May 29, 2007

OMG, I'm on facebook

Okay, I'm live on facebook. I have finally been broken down by the mega social networking sites and have signed up. I have set up a custom Ning network for CAEs, but this is my first attempt at one of the big networks. Creative Apricot made me do it. I skipped over MySpace because I'm hearing it's already past its prime, I simply don't like the look and feel of MySpace, facebook seems to be playing nicer with others in its space, and Facebook seems to have a more grown-up feel. Facebook also seems to have an objective beyond monetizing its traffic.

I'm in foreign territory, here. Please, you sub-30 readers, tell me how I can pimp my facebook and not have a sorry page.

Tagged: ; ; ;

6 comments:

Soha El-Borno said...

Hi Ben,

I'm glad to see you on Facebook. I see that you're using Facebook notes and that you've added a photo album! Facebook also has many great applications that you can add like Twitter. You could sign in through facebook and see what you and your friends are up to. You could also add RSS feeds to your Facebook account, share with your friends, and comment on them across Facebook. Overall though, I'd say you're doing good!

Ben Martin, CAE said...

Thx for the tip, Soha. I'll add a twitter widget over the weekend.

Nathan Larson said...

I agree, MySpace has to be one of the least user-friendly sites I've ever visited. I was going to write an article about it on my blog but didn't get around to it before I came to the conclusion that readership was too low to merit the blog's continued existence.

Ben Martin, CAE said...

@Nathan: I miss your blog. :-(

Anonymous said...

Ben, Facebook is getting better day by day! You can now add your del.icio.us bookmarks to your Facebook profile in one easy step with the new Facebook/del.icio.us widget. All your friends will be able to see a short summary of your most recent del.icio.us bookmarks.

Ben Martin, CAE said...

Yeah, I'm really impressed with how Facebook is playing nice with all the widget guys. They really have this Web 2.0 thing right, and they're getting a ton of good karma. I hope they will overtake MySpace.