Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

June 15, 2007

Facebook is tearing up the charts

Facebook has recently vaulted into the top 20 most visited websites, clocking in at #17. See their Alexa page. Their new applications platform has really made it fun to use, and people are flocking to it.

I recently heard it said that with the introduction of the application platform, Facebook has become the social web's operating system. I'd say that's pretty accurate. I'd also describe it as a social web aggregator. I can access a bunch of social web stuff directly through Facebook. Very cool.

Personally, I hope they kill MySpace. I'm rooting for Facebook.

Tagged:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facebook: yours today for only $2 Billion.

Yeah, I prefer it to MySpace too - if only because I get zero friend-spam on Facebook.

I'm on Virb too, which is also pretty nice (but useless).

Ben Martin, CAE said...

Fred, let me hold some ends, I've only got $1B on me. Can you lend me the other $1B?