Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

January 16, 2008

Five super-trends affecting associations

J-Nott scooped me! Interestingly, three members of the blogoclump are published in the Fall 2007 edition of the Journal of Association Leadership. And, here's an association blogging trivia question: An association blogger who stopped blogging before the `clump was even founded is published in this issue as well. The first association staffer to correctly identify the mystery blogger in the comments wins a round of drinks on me.

***UPDATE: The mystery blogger has been correctly identified in the comments by Greg Melia, CAE, but he's got the blog's name wrong. Another prize will be awarded to the commenter to correctly identify the blog name and URL.
My paper is a continuation of something I wrote for the Spring 2007 edition on Mapping the Future of Your Association's eight super-trends. The trends I cover in this paper are demassification, cyber-mobbing, scrutiny, scrimping, and counter-Americanism. It is a summary of myriad conversations I've had over the years (both online and in-person) with my fellow association executives about the super-trends, as well as many speeches I've given to associations about the trends. I'd appreciate any feedback you have for me.

Tagged: ; ; ;

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the motivation Ben. I'll throw in my guess at the early blogger as George Breeden, CAE and his blog, "The Association Blog". http://associationblog.blogspot.com/

If I'm wrong, the rounds on me ...

Matt Baehr said...

Ben - I will let you buy me a drink just because.

Good work on the article.

Ben Martin, CAE said...

Greg Melia has the name right, but the blog name wrong. I'll give him partial credit.

Wes Trochlil said...

I believe George's blog is/was called TechnoProphet.

wes

Anonymous said...

Woo-wee! I guess I get a watered down drink -- and will get the same for you Ben!

Ben Martin, CAE said...

@Greg, I'll see you north of Atlanta this summer for a little REALTOR association executive conference. I'll bring one part water and one part O'Douls. :-)

@Wes, you are correct! I owe you a drink anyway.

@Matt, okay, just because is good enough reason for me.