Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

December 03, 2004

Finished

Just finished the exam 36 minutes ago. I'm sipping on a Grolsch at Cafe Gutenberg in downtown Richmond (one of the businesses affected by Hurricane Gaston). It feels like a huge weight is off my chest to have this exam finished, but there's this lingering uncertainty.

The day began a little earlier than expected when my daughter awoke at 7:00 crying. I showered, went to the hotel, and did some last-minute cramming on my flashcards and some stuff I got from a friend on knowledge-based organizations. There were 3 other people taking the exam in Richmond, including one who was in the Center's cram course with me. The test got off to a humorous start. A real, live mouse was scurrying about in the corner of the room we were in (our test location was switched from the Richmond Marriott about a week ago to the Sheraton Richmond West).

I took the entire 4 hours, and was the last one left in the room when time expired. I was surprised at how long it took me to complete it. The practice tests had been coming in at 2.5 to 3 hours. I took 3.5 hours to complete all 200 questions, and took the remaining 30 minutes to re-check my work on about 20-40 questions.

I really don't have ANY sense of how I did on the test. There were many questions that I could narrow down to the best 2 options, but beyond that it was mostly an educated guess. I can only hope that my guessing was good enough. It is really frustrating to not have any idea of how you did on this test.

That's all for now. I don't want to think about the test any more today. In the next couple days I'll post more thoughts.

No comments: