Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

March 01, 2005

Tip #6: Best vs. Easiest

This is tip #6 in a series of 13 to help you pass the CAE exam. Forward this tip to a friend.

I admit it. I prefer the path of least resistance. Masochists enjoy trouble, I don't.

Because I prefer things to be easy, on the exam, I frequently debated with myself on answers to questions that asked what is the best option. On the CAE exam, I think it's safe to say that best never equals easiest.

There was a question on the exam about what would be the best way to train volunteer leaders that I remember very clearly (probably because I changed my answer as time expired on the test). At first I selected the "easy" choice, but after debating the question in my mind, I reasoned that the easiest option wasn't the best choice, so I changed my answer. So don't confuse easy with best. In fact you might consider easy to be the opposite of best, at least for the purposes of the CAE exam.

No comments: