Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

September 18, 2005

How long do you retain CAE knowledge?

One thing that might cause people some heartburn about the CAE exam is the perception that they'll forget everything they learned after the exam is over. I certainly feared losing the knowledge I collected.

But now that I'm up to my eyeballs in preparing to teach a CAE review course on Tuesday, I've discovered that the information is still with me. The other day I took a practice test in a CAE study guide to assess my retention of the concepts. Most answers came easily, and I wound up getting 80% or more correct.

It shouldn't be all that surprising, really. I'm using these concepts virtually every day. The more often you use the knowledge, the longer it sticks with you.

No comments: