Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

September 02, 2005

Major time-saver

Like many association professionals, I work with a lot of volunteers, which means I am frequently setting up conference calls. Currently I'm managing four task forces and, let's see... seven or eight subcommittees.

Scheduling conference calls for all of these groups was becoming an administrative nightmare until I got smart about it. Recently I started using SurveyMonkey to schedule the meetings. I send out a brief email with a link to the survey which asks whether respondents are available on that date and time, or not available. When everyone has completed the survey, I simply glance at the pre-tabulated results and pick the date when the most people are available. Here's a screen shot:

Not only is it a huge time-saver for me, but my members seem to think it's pretty cool too. SurveyMonkey offers a basic (free) and professional (not free) subscription.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very clever use of surveys! Why not schedule any gathering using this method?! I personally use
StellarSurvey
It also got free and paid subscription, but this one is twice as cheap as SurveyMonkey.

Thanks for the idea!