Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

January 03, 2006

AssnHacks

One of the items in my blogroll is Lifehack. It's a cool blog that provides a daily dose of little tricks to make life easier. In a similar vein, I'm starting a little theme here called AssnHacks.

AssnHacks will be short posts that'll help association managers do their jobs faster and more effectively. Like my post a few months back on scheduling conference calls (which we'll call the first AssnHack).

Anyway, here's my second AssnHack:

I try to drink a lot of water during the day. Not only is drinking water good for your health, but it induces a biological need to get up out of your chair and walk to the bathroom. I usually cross paths with someone and make conversation. I figure I walk around the office at least twice as much, and have twice as many casual conversations with my teammates this way, which helps build rapport. And that's good for someone like me who tends to get hyper-focused on stuff and -- on days when I don't have meetings -- might not get out from behind my desk for hours at a time.

BONUS: This AssnHack will also work outside the association industry.

3 comments:

Nick said...

That's funny, I've been thinking about Life Hacks lately as well. There was a piece on NPR about it last week where the editor of the Oxford American Dictionary was talking about the term "Life Hack" as an up and comer in 2006.

Nick said...

PS One wouldn't want others to think one was oneself an "association hack" though, would one? You might want to be careful with that LOL.

Anonymous said...

You may find these sites interesting as well: 43Folders and LifehackeR

I've found some great tips and advice on productivity, etc.