Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

March 27, 2007

The Perfect Gift for E-mail Addicts

For those of you who can't get enough of the MS Outlook alert feature (you know, the super-cool one that displays a popup in the lower right corner of your screen every time a new email comes in) there's this revolutionary product: The Mail Chime from SkyMall! Now even you can know the very instant that your snail mail arrives. Best of all, in addition to the soothing beeping sound, a red LED lights up when your mail is delivered. From the catalog:

Know Immediately When the Mail Arrives
Know instantly when your mail's been delivered, whether you have a mail slot, a curbside box or a wall-mounted mailbox. The battery-powered sensor mounts on your mailbox door. When the mailbox door is opened, the sensor sends a wireless signal up to 300 feet to the the Mail Chime, which announces the mail's delivery with a red LED and 4 beeps. Battery and power supply included.
I swear, if someone buys this for me, I'll play the cruelest joke ever on them. I'll install this bad boy on THEIR mailbox.

Tagged: ; ; ;

2 comments:

Roger said...

InBoxer will play the musical wav file of your choice when mail comes in. These "mailtones" can be different by sender or domain, like a phone ringtone. (In fair disclosure, I do work for this company.)

Ben Martin, CAE said...

Think your company could hack SkyMall's Mail Chime to play my favorite song when my snail mail arrives? That would be sick! Back in 99 or 2000, I used Eudora as a mail client which would allow you to customize the audio alert based on criteria you mention. All of my alerts were Seinfeld one-liners like, "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"