Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

July 08, 2008

Break up the routine with unfamiliar territory

On my morning jogs, I notice that I slow down and get exhausted in the same spots every day. I can't vary my route in my neighborhood all that much, and so the same hills watch me huff and puff virtually every day.

But when I jog in unfamiliar territory, I don't have this problem. I can go for miles with less exhaustion, simply because my body isn't conditioned to that route.

The annual rhythm and routine of association work can be helpful, but I suspect it is sometimes an impediment to remarkable results. When the rhythm is interrupted, things get hectic, but we can do remarkable stuff. For example, we recently fast-tracked an issue of our magazine. I mean a dramatic fast-track. But we got it done, and I'm just floored that we were able to do it.

Throw your routine a curveball once in awhile. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results.

Tagged: ; ; ;

No comments: