My ASAE2007 experience was unlike any other conference experience primarily because I could tap into the collective experience of 20-30 ASAE2007 backchannelers. Seriously, you need to be on the backchannel. Dear readers, this is absolutely the BEST way to keep your finger on the pulse of what's happening at ASAE's Annual Meeting and to be engaged in the conference on a higher (dare I say, "meta") level. Why?
- Find yourself in a session that sucks? Listen to the interactive backchannel to discover which sessions you might consider moving over to.
- Want to find someone to have lunch with? Post to the interactive backchannel and set something up.
- Want to know which exhibitors have the best schwag? Backchannelers will let you know!
- Impromptu pool party? You'll hear about it on the interactive backchannel.
So, with a little nudge from J-Nott, I have put together a repeat of last year's interactive backchannel. Here's how join.
- Pick up your cell phone. Make sure it's turned on.
- Compose a TXT message to GO@MOZEO.COM (if you can't TXT to an email address, sorry, you're outta luck*)
- Type "Join ASAE2008" into the body of your TXT
- Wait for confirmation. Once confirmed, you can post to the backchannel using this syntax: "Go ASAE2008 [my awesome backchannel post]"
*Actually, you can still subscribe to the ASAE2008 group through mozeo.com, but you'll only be able to recieve entries, not post.
Tagged: Association Management; Associations; CAE; Certified Association Executive