Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

October 13, 2008

TweetBeep falls somewhere between useful and annoying

Here's a service that will search Twitter and e-mail alerts to you. Pretty cool for getting alerts on tweets about your company or conference when you're out and about. Since search.twitter.com only sends alerts by RSS, this gives TweetBeep a slight edge on urgent delivery.

TweetBeep also (and this is VERY cool) follows all of those shortened URLs on Twitter and alerts you whenever someone tweets a link to your website or blog. Until now, when URLs were shortened by TinyURL or Is.Gd, there was no way to accurately search for the mention of your company's URLs. At least, I'd never heard of a way to do this.

But part of the allure of Twitter and RSS alerts is less e-mail. So for me, TweetBeep is a borderline tool.

Tagged: ; ; ;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I set these up for my association a while ago and I agree--very useful because you truly feel like Big Brother being so on top of what people are tweeting about, but a LOT of email. And good luck if you're setting up alerts for your association's acronym; all I know is that "Brimful of Asha" must be a very popular song because 95% of the tweet beeps I get for ASHA are about that song.