Stand by...

You're about to be redirected to BenMartinCAE.com

May 03, 2006

NRECA blog is genuine article

Occasionally someone lands on my blog by searching "NRECA blog." When I saw this search term in my analytics, it brought to my memory some earlier posts about ghost-blogging in which I pooh-poohed NRECA's plans to hire a blogmaster to blog on behalf of NRECA's CEO. I began to wonder how this had turned out, so I searched for NRECA blog too, and found it over at http://www.ampedup.org.

I was pleased to discover that Amped Up is not a ghost-written CEO blog, but rather an authentic first-person blog written primarily by Erick Erickson, a heavy blogger over at Red State. Perhaps Erick talked NRECA out of the ghost-blogging strategy, or refused to take the job under such an arrangement. Whatever happened, NRECA made the right decision. Ghost-blogging is hardly different than the BS-laden PR spin you find in most executives' press release quotes.

Erick, if you're reading this, I'd love to hear from you about how Amped Up evolved from its original concept as a CEO blog to what it is today.

Related: Interesting article about Erickson's hiring.

Tagged: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

1 comment:

Erick Erickson said...

Ben, we're still a work in progress. NRECA and Glenn English, the CEO, have been very, very willing to let me experiment and do what feels right. Hopefully, over the next few months, that will mean less of me and more of others. But, for now, I just want to get a conversation going. And Glenn blogs some too.